View Single Post
      03-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #5
ajsalida
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 95 M3, 02 R1150GSA, 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT335xi View Post
I ran the same exact setup on my e36 m3 bilstein sport/ h+r sport and I agree the car was harsh except for on smooth roads. I think you should go with the koni's , they ride nicer than the bilsteins. As far as the springs go I think the eibachs or h+r would be fine paired up with the koni's. I would have to say that the bilstein/ h+r set up rode hard because of the bisteins. I'm running 350/ 600 front and rear per TC Klines recomendation for a daily driven street car, but I heard other people run higher spring rates and have no complaints. Heres another point that I took into account, by the time you buy adjustible koni's front and rear add springs your looking at $1200-1250. So why not the spend the extra $500-600 for the coilovers, labor will be the same. Good luck with your decision.
Good info, thanks. BTW a basic koni Xi set from HP is $712, another $200 or so for springs, install myself. Not into the whole coilover thing (or camber plates or poly bushing or constant alignments etc etc), maybe for a track car but not where I live now (high mountains) and esp. not on this car.

edit: plus I already have a set of used OEM 335i sport springs I want to try, and if those work it will be even cheaper.

Last edited by ajsalida; 03-13-2012 at 09:36 AM..
Appreciate 0