View Single Post
      12-08-2007, 02:12 PM   #31
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod182 View Post
I called Famosa. They won't even have a schedule out till beginning of next year. It is absolutely ridiculous how difficult it is to find a decent place to run around here in Southern California. Someone should write Congress! LOL.
After the Jan 5th Fontana date, their next Fontana street legal drag wont be till 2 months later!

I know, it's ridiculous.
When I called Famoso like 2 months ago, they stated they are "getting ready to close for the season" on open test and tune drags.
I asked, "why, the weather is finally getting good and cold for good runs"
The woman kind of got all pissy with me and said and gave me some lame excuse that I can't even remember.
And Fontana has always been that way. They have like one open test and tune day every month or two.

It's LAME. And they wonder why so many street races take place?
Two tracks both 70-100 miles away from LA, both rarely have open test and tune days, and one seems to shut down from mid November to mid February.

At least the old LACR had test and tune nights on a weekly basis, too bad the track sucked so bad.
But they ARE working on opening a new track somewhere in LA County, but that might be a couple years away.
Appreciate 0