12-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #4
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F22 M240

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalshy99 View Post
Ok so I leased a 2009 335i xdrive with the sport package. I was also looking at just a 335i with the sport package and when I had the cars next to each other the xi didn't appear to be higher than the i. I know in past years when you purchased the xi you did not get the sport suspension and the car was about an inch or so higher, but did they change this for 2009 because my car was only about 1/4 inch higher if it was higher at all. Thanks.
The sport package on the XI has nothing to do with suspension, unlike the I which does. The XI sits considerably higher than an I with sports package. The XI also has a much wobblier suspension (poor rebound, dampening and roll) as compared to an I (non or sport).

As an aside, the XI sits about 1 3/4" (R) and 2" (F) higher than an I with sport package. There should be more detailed info available if you search the forum but other SUV based XI owners can attest to that

The upside to the XI is if you live in snow country it is worth its weight in gold. The balance and traction control in conjunction with snow tires make this car an excellent choice for snow dwellers. I wont go back to 2 wheel drive again.