View Single Post
      07-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #34
Sered
Major
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk55 View Post
Thank you. Wish I would have known and checked that as we did indeed pop that off as directed in the CAI instructions. Unfortunately the car is now spending the night at the dealer so they can hopefully fix it in the morning. The FMIC hose was so obvious, I didn't check for any other leaks.

I di get the boost leak code and cleared it but it continually came back as soon as I'd give it some good acceleration. And after lining up the FMIC hose and charge pipe and getting the malfunction, checking would show that the hose had become dislodged from it's place at the pipe. I'll hope the dealer simply reconnects that connection better or, as you suggest, find that the vacuum line is loose. Thanks for your reply, though!
FYI, old turbo-motor mechanic fix for popping pipes is to use hairspray. It works very well in these kinds of situations, I'm not sure how it responds to plastic, but I don't see a problem.

Spray both the connector and the pipe down well, fasten them like normal; tighten the clamp. Let it sit for an hour; then go try it out.