View Single Post
      07-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #11
joec500
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: it has 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacc View Post
I'm on the mobile app right now but I'll see if I can find the thread I saw with pictures of the gooey substance, I usually run 4-5 tanks of straight e85 before I start to see the issue, the reason I run more than one tank in a row of pump gas to clean it up is to ensure that the techron is doing its job and that there is no e85 in the tank when doing so. Just a precaution that I take. JoeC also posted a while ago in a thread of some flex fuel system cleaner he uses every now and then to clear them up, I believe fftec recommends it, I'll see if I can pull that up when I get home.
Yah I buy the stuff at Walmart, I will check my trunk as I keep bottles of it back there. But it comes in a little green bottle.

Also that brown gunk is probably the sugars in the Ethanol. My guess is that it's going through a caramelizing process like when you put sugar on a frying pan.
2007 E92 6MT SGM: MusicarNW Level 2, Procede Rev 2.5, FFTEC/Vishnu LPFP with Flexfuel Sensor and Flash, M3 Offset V701's, WaveTrac LSD, Michelin PSS, Downpipes, M3 Control Arms, TCKline D/A Suspension, LCI Tail lights, Lux AE's, ER Charge Pipe, DCI's, Mtech Front and Rear, M3 Sideskirts, HPF Stage 1 Clutch
Appreciate 0