bimmergrl86
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braumin View Post
I think Bridgestone got some good brand recognition on the Blizzak by being really one of the first studless snow tires on the market. They have their fancy Multicell compounds.

Don't get me wrong - they are great tires. But so are Michelin. If you look at Tirerack.com, the Michelin X-Ice Xi2 is the top rated studless snow tire right now.

You have to be careful though because with the RFT tires, you are generally getting a "performance snow" and because of this you don't actually get the Multicell compound on the Blizzaks (LM-25).

I've owned X-Ice (awesome on our Nissan X-Trail AWD SUV) and X-Ice Xi2 (even more awesome on my e46 325i) and now I have the Dunlop Wintersport 3D RFTs (not as awesome but still really good on my e90 335i xDrive) and I also owned Goodyear Nordic (Terrible - and so was the Neon they were on) way back when.

If you buy one of the big name winter tires, you aren't going to be disappointed.

I got the Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3... I've already read some reviews and they say it's pretty good for winter. What do you think?