View Single Post
      06-26-2007, 10:12 AM   #1
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d

I've just tweaked my spec...just in time!

E92 335d M Sport was ordered last week and has gone to 'status 1200' already, not sure what this means but assume that it is nearing an advanced stage of production? (Edit) Have just done a search of status 1200, and is it what I thought. Dealer called yesterday morning to inform me that my car had just gone to build, having only signed the order form last Thursday, and expected delivery is in week 32. Just as well he called as I was considering adding a few bits to the spec. Just managed to add the following:

- Folding Mirrors,
- HiFi loudspeaker
- DAB radio
- USB audio (6FL)

dealer confirmed this had gone through so must have been very fortunate to get in just in time!

It is a shame that BMW do not offer a service like Merc where you can pick the car up from the factory and have a tour of the facility. I would certainly like to have a visit, has anyone done this? The 335 should hopefully be at the dealer for me to go and have a look at it when I come back from holiday mid August, prior to picking it up 1 September. I'll take some pics then and post them.

Focus ST goes to the dealer on saturday to be sold to the highest trade bidder (hopefully for around £16,000) so will be without a car for two months. Did think about selling this privately but cant bear the thought of the hassle of dealing with test pilots and juveniles!

Who said that the wait was the difficult bit? Two months is bad enough but I had to wait 7 months for my Audi A4 Cabriolet when they first came out in 2002, now that was hard!
Appreciate 0