United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F80 M3, 22 G01 X3 30i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3  [9.83]
2015 BMW M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMG View Post
...it was a joke, obviously...still, who got Bill's car might not find the link amusing.
...same here, close to 50k and my 335 is going strong, no problems so far. I use only German Castrol and maybe for this reason there are no signs of valve fouling that many are complaining about. Only the noisy dried out door gaskets had to be replaced a couple of months after I purchased the car. I didn't have this problem with the two E9x I leased previously. Actually I didn't have any issues at all with any of them and for this reason I decided to purchase in 2009 the E92 I am driving now. The HPFP was working perfectly fine but BMW of NA decided to have the pump replaced anyway, a couple of months ago. Pretty much that's it. My car is stock, no alterations or additions, washed occasionally, driven daily...not a garage queen.
Meanwhile a colleague who purchased a brand new Acura RL in the same year (09) is at his third gearbox replacement.
Third gearbox? Automatic or manual? That's not what I'd call reliable. Like you, every oil change on my 07 E92 has been done at the dealer's using the OEM recommended oil, and I haven't seen any symptoms of buildup, but then I haven't removed the intake manifold, either. No rough running or anything like that. Working from home keeps the car in the garage except for short trips during the week, but I take it out on longer trips over the weekends and at club events (once a month, usually 200+ miles). Running it hard keeps it happy - I have software update plus intercooler, oil cooler, exhaust, and cold-air intake, and it seems to like being driven hard. I hope to keep this car for awhile, so fingers crossed that nothing "big" breaks.

2015 F80 ///M3 Sedan 7DCT Tanzanite, 2022 X3 sDrive30i 8AT Brooklyn Grey
Appreciate 0