View Single Post
      02-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #1736
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90raw View Post
Ok.....so I am completely lost reading the post. My knowledge of this area does not exceed that of Turtle wax, and I may be giving myself too much credit. I have a new vehicle(E90 mystic blue), and purchased a "natural" wax product from BMW. What would be your recommendations be going forward on caring for the car to someone who's knowledge is little. I turned down the "teflon" product offered by the dealership. I do not drive the vehicle in inclimate weather. How do you feel about the "california dusters".
We all have to start somewhere and I'd be happy to help you get started. To get some of the basics down I'd highly recommend reading our detailing guide and Ask a Pro Blog, both are tremendous resources.

Turning the the "teflon" package down was probably a very good decision. They usually contain a lot of fine print so I believe you made the right choice. In general I'm not a huge fan of the dusters which is why we don't carry them but I understand it can be helpful to those who are not absolute perfectionists about the paint.

Some very brief tips for you to get you started on top of the detailing guide and blog posts linked above.
- never visit a car wash with bristles
- washing and drying is where most swirls (curved micro-scratches in the clear coat) come from so pay really good attention to your wash process and products
- Apply a coat of protection on a semi-regular schedule. Most natural waxes protect for about 3 - 6 weeks so apply them more frequently. A synthetic wax (aka sealant) can give you 4 - 6 months of protection so that is usually a better option for daily drivers.

If you visit our store (www.DetailedImage.com) you can have use one code per purchase, here are three of our best deals.

10% off code e90post
$4.99 shipping code DI499 (min spend $49)
Free shipping code DIFREE (min spend $149)

Let me know if you have any specific questions or if you need any recommendations.

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0