View Single Post
      04-03-2007, 09:16 AM   #1
GSN
Rep
Drives: E90 325i M Sport

My New 325i M Sport

Picked up new car last Friday.

SG, black leather and those must have floor mats.It's a week 10 production so I scored for the chrome finished audio dials and further reduced & tweaked suspension.

Having come from An Audi Avant 2.0FSI the cars performance is fantastic. Even at the 4500rpm break in limit the engine note is sweet, beyond that it is becoming addictive.The acceleration between second & third, and third & fourth gear changes just feels relentless, and working that little gear stick is pure joy.

The handling of these cars is well documented but nevertheless I am still massively impressed.I think the running on rails analogy best sums it up.Mix it up with those gear changes and this for me is as good as it gets before you enter the world of exotica.

As far as quality goes Audi is often held up as the standard bearer.I just cant accept that.Within weeks of getting my Audi the plastic surround on the top of the gear lever fractured exposing a sharp piece of silver painted plastic that had to be sanded smooth.In contrast I cant fault a single aspect of the interior or exterior finish of this car.I love the M badge on the steering wheel I love it more on the gear stick.

Oh and don't get me started on those door handle lights- beyond cool!!!!

Anyway time to go and drive,

just cos!
Appreciate 0