10-28-2010, 08:35 AM   #165
gizmo335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 SBM E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.42]
Believe me...you will never see me on here whining about shit that I knew about. I have done A LOT of mods to my car. So even if I show up there and they won't do it for me because of this, I won't come whining on here. That's the risk I'm taking doing mods. I will just pay for the pump and get it installed one way or another.

But I/we can still talk about BMW's lack of enough concern about this issue. And the fact that they all of a sudden after 4 years initiate a half ass recall. It's not even a recall for God's sake. If you take your car in right now (according to the "recall"), and you have not had any problems, they will simply inspect the car (maybe update the software) and send you on your way. And that's assuming that your SA even knows about the damn thing.

BTW, they already have the extended warranty in place for this anyway. And if you don't get on a forum like this before you buy the car, then you DON'T know about this problem.

It's just impossible for me to believe that they can't figure this thing out. I think they're being lazy about it for a few reasons. One of them being that it's not an M along with it just being a 3 series. If this was an M3 or a 5 or 7 series and it affected some higher income people, you can bet your ass there'd be a quicker/better response to this issue.