cormeister616
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1OF723 View Post
Cory,

He just messaged me back and I apologize for my incorrect information. He said there isn't an issue with the rear end but he doesn't like the welded differential in the '07 and he says it was changed in the '08s. I'm trying to get more information from him as well since I don't know a lot about these cars.

Do you have all the maintenance records & receipts? I assume all the work has been done by BMW since you work there. Also is there any warranty left by chance?

Brian
I wonder if he doesn't like it based upon working on it, or based upon modding it. I'm sure the average or even knowledge car guys/BMW guys would not have a clue to any difference (myself included). Do you plan on modding the car or anything? I'm thinking it wouldn't be any issue at all, I'm sure not worried about that, even if I decided to keep my car for a few more years. I have most of the receipts from service, definitely everything when BMW covered it. Some of the recent stuff like the water pump, oil change, brake flush, coolant flush, brakes, I've paid one of the senior BMW techs to do after hours. So it was all done by a BMW tech, but I don't have the "labor" receipts, just the receipt from the parts counter.
Appreciate 0