Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM View Post
flat rate of tax though, although lovely for people already earning over the 20% threshold (where it should probably be set) is an absolutely horrific prospect for those earning below it... a very tough sell!
Coupled with your other proposals,yes,it would be a very,very tough sell.

A regulated private health scheme would never work,you only have to look at other areas which were once state owned & ran,and have now been privatised.
The Govt can't control those companies any more than they can control the banking sector,despite constant bullshit to the contrary.

As for benefit reforms,the Govt are already clamping down in that area,soon there will thousands of disabled people who have no realistic chance of ever finding a job,being told tough,WE (DWP) think you can work,so get out there and find it.
Oh and by the way, we are cutting your benefits,so you'll have to find somewhere else to live,where the chances of finding a job are ten times worse than where you currently reside.

It must be nice to be rich,and not worry about those who are worse off then you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM View Post
i think leaving the EU could be a bit of a double edged sword.. it will save a load of cash, but it will also possibly turn the UK into a very insignificant island in the north sea..

my opinion on the topic is still being formed
Sorry I couldn't disagree more,you only have to look at other countries outside of an increasingly poor club,where the subs go to prop up the most profligate countries, within a club that most would rather leave.

Look at Norway,trade very successfully within the EU despite being an outsider, and have arguably the best standard of living in the western world.

Yes,Norway is oil rich,however they do export other goods all over the world.

The UK need to leave the EU,and soon.
Come 2013,when the citizens of other countries have the right to come here,to live and to work,worrying about a pension will probably have slipped down the priority list of quite a few,and the welfare bill will be even more unsustainable than it is now.

Britain has walked into what is in my opinion the biggest crisis already,sadly the Labour Govt's eyes were wide open whilst they encouraged and allowed the biggest tide of immigrants to enter the UK be it legally or not since the 50's and early 60's.

The coalition are no better,there just as complicit,despite the rhetoric bullshit.

It's time to shut the borders,the countries already two thirds sunk in so many ways,lets hope the Politicians see sense and get the fuck out of the EU,and stop kowtowing to the Brussels mafia,who only have their own countries interests at heart.

And.........................breathe

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0