01-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #63
cmyk
resident girl.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i + 2014 X5

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [8.76]
Glad I found this thread! I had my finger on the "Order" button for a front bumper that was around $150 more but at the last minute decided to see if I could find a better deal. This thread just saved me some money Everyone's installs look great.

I saw several other versions of this same(?) bumper on eBay -- some of them come with fog light bulbs and some do not. Does this one come with the bulbs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niv3k View Post
Looking to get a carbon fiber hood, M3 fender, M3 side skirt & M-tech Rear by comming summer. Probably get the carbon hood first. Do you guy recommend paint the carbon fiber hood or leave it as is to make it stand out from the rest of the car? Car color is AW.
AW is one of the only colors that can pull off unpainted carbon fiber, IMO. I got my hood painted (by a very "reputable" shop, might I add) and they completely screwed it up, so be careful. They sanded the gel coating almost all the way off, and now you can see indentations of the CF weave pattern through the paint. Color-wise it does look much better painted (I have JB, though, which can make the car look like 2 shades of black and a little weird), but up close I am not at all happy with how it looks. Not much can be done to repair it, either, once all that clear coat has been removed & the damage has been done. I guess the moral of the story here is to make absolutely sure that the shop that's painting it has painted CF hoods before and knows what they are doing. I thought mine did, and I was wrong

2008 E90 335i // Black Everything // photos
COBB tuned / QTP e-cutouts / Helix FMIC / cp-e DCI / AWE BOVs / Catless / FBO + F15 X5 xDrive35i
Appreciate 0