United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
2003 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocken View Post
I would love it if the USB interfaced worked with something like a USB hard drive and you could search folders. But the stereo would have to work with Fat32 or NTFS and it would need some form of playlist management.
More likely is the'll have a USB connection but you'll have to control your music from the actual device.
I *strongly* suspect it's the same as other aftermarket and OEM USB connections, which are just USB hosts that support mass-storage devices (and FAT32). Basically what you'd get is the ability to use a USB flash drive instead of an mp3 CD or DVD. I'd be really surprised if there were any functions more advanced than what you currently get with mp3 disks, or any sort of knowledge of USB devices beyond mass storage mode.

The only scenario where this would really come in handy is if you have one of the non-iPod mp3 players (Sandisk?) that keeps all the tracks named in a nice orderly fashion and presents itself as a mass storage device over USB.

I wouldn't give up my ipod adapter for this feature, but it could be handy if I weren't an ipod user.
Appreciate 0