03-21-2007, 08:42 AM   #10
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
+2
Whenever a thread about radar detectors come up, i always say its useless but no one ever seems to listen. Most police dont drive around with their radar on so thats why when you drive by a cop, your radar detector wont go off. The annoying false alarms your talking about can be cured by turning off the X and K band. The K band DOES detect red light cameras but it also detects the automatic doors at supermarkets. Im not so much worried about red light cameras since theirs very little in my area versus how many supermarket doors their are so might as well turn it off.

Oh and laser is completely different. Laser is instant. If you see laser on your radar detector and your speeding, prepare to get pulled over.

After owning a radar detector (x50 and v1) for over 6 months, i realized that it was completely useless and sold it as soon as i found a buyer.
Correct for your area. Not true at all for others..

Just don't want others to be mislead. It really varies from state to state and from local jurisdiction to local jurisdiction..

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0