KG1639
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 SG 328xi 6MT

Garage List
Cool E92 Acceleration lags, OBD2 code P0030

Hello,

I have an 07 328xi 6 speed. I recently got in an accident where I rear-ended someone going about 20MPH. The point of impact was my front-right, and it was supposedly all body work, with no mechanical work needed. Or so everyone thought...

As soon as I picked up my car, my Service Engine light came on, and about 15 minutes later, after letting the car idle for about 15-20 minutes, I got the Coolant/radiator symbol and my car wouldn't move, as well as my oil temperature gauge reading much higher than normal. So I turned it off and let it sit until the engine cooled off, then drove it home (took about 15 minutes) and everything was fine (Service light still on). I drove it again today, and the Service light is still on, but the oil gauge/engine temperature never got higher than normal.

I also noticed that I haven't seen the engine fan come on, even when the engine is all warmed up.

Shifting, when I drop the clutch and give it gas, it lags for a second then accelerates, which is really annoying and clearly an issue.

Code is P0030 - Heater control circuit, bank 1 sensor 1

Thanks for your time, and hopefully someone has some insight

Kurt
Appreciate 0