01-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #3
CALWATERBOY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_o_S View Post
Hi guys,

I'm nearing the 30K mile mark on my car and I'm wondering what sort of suspension maintenance I should be doing (what is worn out, etc.) I drive on very bad roads, full of potholes, streets in the city are cobblestone, the major highway in my country is panel type, so you can feel your car going over individual panels at like 1 per second (thud-thud-thud). I'm in Europe, BTW.

I have heard that after 30k, the lower front arms are worn, but I dunno what this means. I expect this means the bushes are worn? What else should I be replacing?

I'd like to know what M3 parts it makes sense to get at this moment, too. If there is an equivalent m3 part, I'd rather get that then just replace the bush. If there is no m3 part, I'll replace the bush.

1) What should I concentrate on, front/rear?
2) Part numbers, etc. welcome.

I'm considering upgrading the bushes to powerflex wherever applicable:
http://www.powerflex.co.uk/products/...9-2667/1.html#

Sooo....

Any tips, ideas, etc. welcome.

All of 'em. But, guessing you're budgeting. Delrin in M parts excellent indeed vs Powerflex.

If nothing's leaking oil it's filled with or loose afrter torqued correctly, don't worry about suspension parts. Unless, of course, you want improved performance.

You should begin with a limited slip diff - $1100 Wavetrac + install very good indeed.

Then, matched springs/shocks.

M parts next. Don't forget subframe bushings.

'Bout it, and you'll be glad you did!

PS - If M camber arm install [rear], Megan toe arms recommended over those with Heim joints.
Appreciate 0