05-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #24
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
The myth about MT being a problem in traffic is just one of those "sounds right" myths invented and propagated by those who have never driven MT and hate themselves for it. How you managed to get your leg to hurt is beyond me.

MT is operated on automatic, subconscious level, meaning that it is never a problem, traffic or not. People who drive MT cars on the daily basis simply never notice the fact that MT is actually "manual". If you drive MT and notice that it diverts your attention or requires excessive physical effort, then you are doing something wrong.

The only real problem with MT for novice drivers is uphill starts. But that is quickly learned. As for traffic... The issue with driving MT in traffic is fake, it simply doesn't exist in real life.

I dont even think about it. I'm just driving.
Appreciate 0