Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Coupe

hey man!!

get the knock off clay off e-bay! like 5$ shipped or less

I CANT WAIT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan View Post
You're welcome

I have all the parts but I'm waiting till I move this summer to a house with a garage before I get to detailing my car.

I can't wait to see your results, since I will basically be using the same equipment.

Where did you get the knockoff clay? I will probably be needing some more and would be great if I can save some money on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
If you're using M205 , the next logical step up is not necessarily M105 - there are plenty of products between these two. Ultimate Compound is such a product. It was derived from M105 and is way more user friendly on a DA - much longer buffing cycle, much less dust, and generally a far easier wipe off.

If you're a novice to DA buffing, even with all the great things that have been said about it (and it really is pretty fantastic stuff), M105 is probably not the best choice. M105 can be kind of finicky on a DA and it's learning curve can be fairly steep when used on that tool. If you've read all the basic intro to DA articles, watched a bunch of YouTube videos of people using a DA, etc and then jump in with M105 you may end up being a bit frustrated.

People have this natural tendency to reach for the biggest hammer they can find because they believe it will get the job done faster. M105 is one of the most aggressive product Meg makes - it is designed primarily for use with a rotary buffer and either a wool pad or very aggressive foam pad to remove sanding marks as heavy as 1000 grit in fresh paint.

I hope this helps....
Okay so it is not as abrasive!! thanks. I hopefully wont have to use the compound, I hope the m205 and cutting pad will work, then m205 and polishing pad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_09 View Post
What's up with the insane shipping cost? Are you getting it shipped to Canada?
I order detailing parts all the time and pick if up st my mailbox whenever I'm buying other car parts.
With the amount of shipping you paid you should have just got the stuff at eshine.

Check out auto detailing solutions. They have very good prices and free shipping if you order you reach a certain amount.
Also check out Car Pro US and autoality
eshine didn't half the stuff i wanted (m205 wasnt in stock, neither was m105, or ultimate compound)

and the stuff from the states was cheaper -- couldnt get a dual action polisher for 60$ even with 50$ shipping thats 110$ but I get all the pads for 5$ each.. I WISH i couldve ordered it cheaper but I did it as best I could. I calculated it for a while even hahahah

I hope I do a decent job I mean it is sapphire black and any improvement will be good for me, but I am hoping to do a really good job.
Appreciate 0