cmyk
resident girl.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i + 2014 X5

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [8.76]
Not my first BMW but...

When I was shopping for my current car I purposefully tried very hard to find something other than a BMW (was coming out of a rocky relationship with an E39). My criteria was pretty specific, and I am picky when it comes to getting as close to my ideal "sweet spot" as possible. I wanted a luxury car that handled like a performance car. I have owned VW in the past, so I tried Audi. I extensively test drove the A4, S4, and A5. They had most of the luxury fit and finish I was looking for, and the S4 delivered on the performance, but the handling and driver engagement in all models was a deal-breaker. I tried Lexus and Mercedes as well. The Lexus (IS250 and IS350) were slow and I didn't like the interior. The Mercedes that fit most of what I was looking for was the C63, but it was out of my budget at the time. I (actually reluctantly) test drove a 335 that was on the Audi lot and was immediately sold. I realized that what I had been looking for all along was the driving experience that is unique to BMW. At this point BMW is the only make that I would consider owning in its class/price range. When it's time to move up, I will consider BMW first on my short list (M2 or M4), followed by the C63, GT-R and Maserati coupe, unless another brand releases something amazing in the next few years.

Regardless, I'll probably always keep a BMW in the stable, even if it's a project/track car.

2008 E90 335i // Black Everything // photos
COBB tuned / QTP e-cutouts / Helix FMIC / cp-e DCI / AWE BOVs / Catless / FBO + F15 X5 xDrive35i
Appreciate 0