Rep
Drives: F83 M4 Comp & E92 325d

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsportFury
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Alpine328i View Post
Yes they do a FRP version as far as i know and Yes you are wrong, the E92 Pre LCI lights are shaped different than the new LCI so the hood is different around the grill/headlight area. And pre LCI guys are not limited to hood options, they make quite a few if you do a search.
Hi OP, car looks amazing, I'm really interested in getting one of these hoods, but have a few questions if you don't mind:
1. What is the version of the hood you have? I know it's the pre-lci for E92 but what material? Is it the FRP with carbon vents or full single sided carbon?
2. Can you use the original hood latches etc for the fitting of this hood? Does it need hood pins or anything?
4. I've heard a lot of bad reviews on DD, does the bodyshop have any trouble fitting the hood, the reason I ask is because i'm based in the UK, I don't wanna have to send it back because my bodyshop won't touch it, also, do you know if anywhere over here in England stocks the LCI version of this hood?

Thanks a lot and once again your car looks mean as hell!
They don't have any in stock. Don't send money! I live near the shop.
Hi, Thank you, but I know as I have been speaking to Duke, they are built to order right? Im gonna get his word on when I will have my order delivered before I spend any money, I'm gonna call him later to discuss some things about the hood, but would still like to hear the OP's opinions etc as its different hearing opinions from someone that bought the hood than getting info from someone trying to sell me something