Thread: 335 went nuts
View Single Post
      11-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #18
335xi Stunt'
E92 xi AW/Coral Red
United_States
Rep
Drives: your girl crazy

im out of warranty and i put ~4 miles since the issue and is sitting it at my work parking lot. i will try the bleeding process and keep you guys updated. i actually found a good deal on ecs tuning actually but do not want to wait until december for the pump.

i had a buddy from bmw quote me 420$ for pump $20 coolant $7 aluminum screws but about $150 for thermostat when i can buy the t-stat from ecs for about $85.

i actually prayed that people would have answers before i buy/fix anything just in case. i will do the bleeding process first.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrift4wd View Post
Whoa buddy, he is not going to blow up anything. The car is smart enough to throw CEL and reduce power to prevent anything going wrong. Though dangerous, nothing to crazy to worry about.

OP it is the water pump. Super Loud fans, No power (car can bearly rev when hot) Yellow coolant and red coolant lights pop up.

it could be bad or connection to water pump is bad. Id drive home and then get BMW to tow it unless the dealership is close.