View Single Post
      09-11-2012, 08:40 AM   #1332
fastaction
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyniclaus View Post
Well, the car corners on another level now for sure; hard to say how much is the suspension and how much is the LSD, but I'd say it's mostly the former. Of course there's no night/day difference with the LSD on an X-drive, but you can definitely feel that the rear end is more planted, especially under accelleration in corners. Even with the rear spring rate nearly twice the front and the 20mm H&R ASB in the rear, the car still won't go sideways even with traction control all the way off, but the understeer definitely feels much diminished and the car changes direction more quickly.

The clutch is a beast. Pedal effort is no greater than the ACT, and the chatter noise is well within the realm of what I would consider acceptable. But it's been an interesting few days trying to get used to the twin plate grip characteristics and and trying to learn how to smoothly engage a aluminum flywheel that weighs 10lbs less than stock! I'm still not fully in my comfort zone, but it's getting more user friendly the more I break it in and the more experience I get with it. I can't comment yet from personal experience on how it holds up to extreme conditions, but this is the same clutch that FB_IS has been running for years with no issues, and he is now at 650 rwhp.

What turbos are you going with? I'm scheduled to go up to Canada on the 22d to get my RBs and Meth installed and will be pro tuned by Dzenno. I should be able to stop by C&C this coming weekend.
Planning on RBs but will definitely do the Quaife 1st