08-29-2013, 12:42 AM   #83
Pinz
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
Please remember that spark plugs should be changed every 15-20K if your car is tuned and its one of the first things that should be changed when diagnosing certain problems like misfires, hesitation, etc.
Does that mean tuning is harder on the engine? More wear and tear and thus shorter life? I thought tuning was supposed to optimize the engine to be more efficient and so you wouldn't need to drive it as hard (not a huge difference) to get the same power output? Better fuel consumption and more power is what most tuners claim, but I didn't know it meant changing spark plugs more often?

Or is this 15-20K period different for an E92 M3? How often does the dealer change them when the car is still under warranty?

If I tune, does it mean I should change plugs in between dealer maintenances? If so, it might make me reconsider doing the tune...