View Single Post
      08-15-2015, 12:20 PM   #7
mfish123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

I have NIC deactivated. It resides in the EGS module. I think it definitely helps to get rid of that lag / dead feeling in the pedal when initially pulling away from a stop of almost coming to a stop (5 mph or less) and then accelerating again. Occasionally I still feel this behavior especially before the car is warmed up but its definitely way less than before I deactivated NIC.

My understanding of soft (comfort stop) is that its supposed to reduce the braking force right before you come to a complete stop to make you stop smoothly without a "jolt". See: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274142

Soft stop is defined as SST (either aktiv or nicht_aktiv). Honestly I don't know that I successfully disabled. It shows up in the big trace file when I read all modules in the car or the whole car. But I'm not sure what module to write it to and I don't want to write the whole car and potentially screw up the other coding I have done. I selected every single module and did a "read ecu" on each module and was unable to find SST in any of the modules. I am xdrive so maybe I don't have that feature available to me?