View Single Post
      08-23-2009, 10:53 AM   #52
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstavaru View Post
I think its not the Germans, its the stupid american marketeers hired as BMW USA managers, who are bragging every day that they are the best marketing people because this is where USA excels, when in fact I have never seen a more restricted and crippled market than the USA market. US citizens are just prisoners of some games played by incompetent marketing people. They don't care about what the customers want, they only care about how to cut costs. If only someone could evaluate the immense damage some of these manager have done by not selling in the US the best and most economical cars that the world has to offer, while in turn talking about "green", "blue" and low fuel consumption...
+1, although there are some deeper political issues here. The battles over sulfur content, the tech lag of US automakers in this area, the bizarre culture wars (buying a Hummer is patriotic?!), the slower movement by Euro companies (compared with Honda/Toyota/Nissan) to meld into the US by building factories and joint ventures, etc.
Appreciate 0