e46m3to335i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Thanks for the opinions thus far!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericruiz911 View Post
Btw, as far as working in sunlight....don't. You are going to kill yourself in that heat. You will heat the tape and leave nasty glue lines plus you will have almost no working time because the product will dry too fast. There is also the possibility you will over heat the paint and pad and the pad can tear apart on you. Don't do it if you do not have the proper working space. A simple canopy is enough. $50 at walmart
As much as I do agree with you, I dont think I have a way around not working in the sun. I live in a aparment complex and dont have covered parking.

There is a large garage that has multiple bays in it that I have access to but it charges by the hour and is only open 8 hours each day. This will be my first time doing a full detail job and im not sure how long it will take to complete. The first hour would be a complete waste due my cars body being hot from the commute from my place to the shop. That would leave me about 6 hours of detail time, leaving an hour to clean up and be out of the shop.

If 6 hours is enough time for a first timer to complete the job, I would definetly consider doing it at the shop.

-Nick
Appreciate 0