08-02-2014, 12:37 PM   #61
j1gilles
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
That is a known DME transistor problem, nothing to do with tuning. Someone posted a DIY fix for it here. BMW will also cover it under warranty on certain models. You should really change the subject of this thread as it's VERY misleading.

Mike
+1

I have repaired 3 07 DME's in the past 4 years and only one of them was running a piggy... This is a known issue and I believe there are numerous posts on how to repair it (DIY), here is part of the TSB-

SITUATION
Vehicle runs poorly, misfires, and may not start. One of the following fault codes, or the combination of the codes, is stored in the DME: 30BA , 30BB or 2ACC. Subsequent fault codes like 29CC, 29CD, 29CE, 29CF or 2ACB may be stored in the DME as well. Service Engine Soon Light may be illuminated.

CAUSE
Defective diode in DME.

CORRECTION
On a customer complaint basis and only if the vehicle is in the effected production range, replace the DME and reprogram/recode the complete vehicle.

WARRANTY INFORMATION
Covered under the terms of the BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Please refer to the latest KSD for all applicable labor operations and allowances. If the appropriate labor operation is not contained in KSD, then a work time labor operation should be used.

Defect Code
12 71 00 15 00

If you are not comfortable soldering just take it to a electronics or TV repair shop and they should be able to handle the job with ease. On a side note I noticed that on the few cars I have repair that have this "issue" they all seem to have shorted out coils that co-inside with the damaged mosfets... Good luck!