05-18-2011, 06:47 PM   #18
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin@Vishnu View Post
Coolingmists entry to the PWM meth control market was met with complete and utter failure. This is why they don't offer it. They were trying to run the solenoid at some absurdly high frequency which yielded a miserable dynamic range. All this stuff is well documented on the evo and subaru forums. I know you mean well but please don't re-write history.

Also Mike, the PPS nomenclature for variable speed pump set up is perfectly adequate. The pump is not physically toggling between two states (on/off). There is too much rotor inertia for it to behave like an on/off solenoid. Instead, the PWM signal going to the pump simply controls the rotational speed of the pump internals. Hence the term PPS (progressive pump speed).

Whereas a PWM system actually meters flow based upon two solenoid states (open or closed) that closely follows the PWM control signal (unlike that of a PPS system). There is nothing "progressive" about the solenoid opening. It's either open or closed. The transition time between the two states is incremental. The only thing progressive is the fluid flow out of the nozzle.
You mean PSO? All the CM kits listed on my site are PWM. Their new high speed solenoid is pretty good. Holds up to 200psi and is much more durable than Aquamists. Cheaper too.

As a side note I noticed your new kit picks up the meth from the washer fluid line like BMS' new kit. Cool stuff huh? Makes install really easy and you get to use the entire washer fluid reservoir rather than just the top 2/3rds. Any idea of the washer reservoir piping and rubber seats can withstand pure methanol for long? A leak there could result in a major fire.

Mike
Appreciate 0