05-12-2015, 08:03 AM   #16
2blu
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 540i XDrive ///M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Perhaps it is. Can you point to anything that quantifies the cost of those two additional penalties? I can't. I also cannot help but wonder just how significant those two things might be to a team that won the Superbowl. Do they not have a strong enough team to weather those two things?

After all, next season, NE need only make it to the playoffs. I think that so long as they do that, having their star QB back in the lineup at that time along with being the prior year's Bowl-winning team, they will nonetheless have a very fine chance at winning their conference and advancing to the 2016 Bowl.

All the best.
It is hard to quantify the loss of draft picks, just as hard as it is to quantify the effects of an under inflated football on the outcome of a game. The Patriots are contenders and all this does is make it harder for them to make it to the post season.

Brady refused to cooperate with the investigation and broke the rules to have an edge, he sits for 4 games. The Patriots were seemingly aware that the balls were under inflated, they get a fine and the loss of two draft picks. It's hard to agree on what a fair punishment might be, as we can see. Some claim that no punishment was needed while others are asking for bans, suspensions and vacating super bowls.

Franchises and players alike try to get an edge in all professional sports, some get caught, most don't.