View Single Post
      02-18-2008, 10:20 PM   #1
JamieA
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i

Anyone had success with a Motorola Q9h?

I recently got a Motorola Q9h (on Telstra NextG) and (not) to my surprise it doesn't play nice with the iDrive Bluetooth set up. Naturally the third party software that fixes the bluetooth stack doesn't work on this phone either because Motorola have a proprietary one.

The problem is that it pairs, and uploads the phonebook etc. But when a call is placed or received the audio is not routed to the car's speakers. I have tried BMW and getting software updates etc, but to no avail...

So, I was wondering if anyone in Oz had the same phone, and had managed to get it to work with their iDrive.

I have given up and bought a BlueAnt supertooth to get me through until the iPhone arrives in Oz - which I believe does work well with BMW's iDrive.

In the meantime, it really gets to me that Bluetooth is such a loose standard, and many phones don't work correctly with the BMW... in the process of looking for a good Windows Mobile phone for work, I have tried a great many, and none of them work as reliably as my old Nokia does, which is a great shame.

Anyway, enough ranting, would like to hear the thoughts and experiences of others.