View Single Post
      12-18-2014, 03:34 PM   #24
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
First I am very surprise they even let you know they were not interested. Most company can not be bother to let you know.

Apple would have been a good choose if it was possibility. I kind of surprise they asked you to type out a program. I have an EE background and I never had anyone ask me to design a circuit on the spot. They is conceptional types of conversation but never actually show you in real time.

Google is not necessarily a good place to work. I heard they just burn people out. Yeah people like it due to all the freebies they through at them. In the long run it is not worth it. Amazon I heard is the same way as well.

When you get calls like that, before you take the interview I would specially ask them what the job is for and what is expected. I seen places ask questions which have no bearing on what you can actually do how it relates to the job you being asked to do. google is famous for the stupid questions just to see how you respond.

I personally have taken over bad interviews and turned it around on them and told them what I can do for them and why they should hire me. My people have not idea how to interview someone. By the way Apple was one of them and I worked for them back in the late 80's early 90's. They first turn me down and I came back and told them they made a mistake and the finally agreed.

They are asking me to type codes probably because they want to know if i'm an actual coder or if i'm lying on my resume.

They ask questions like create a structural variable type, do this, do that and do this to it. To be honest, i don't think this is a good way to test and hire people. At the startup company, during my interview the guy asked me how would i design and write the code for a dice game in Las Vegas... Like c'mon dude seriously?

Like i mentioned earlier, i'm not the god-father of coding but i've written some really complicated and advanced software. I learn and adapt quick. I can even tell that the people asking me these questions don't even know the answer, they probably Googled it just before they called me.

Last edited by Whostheboss; 12-18-2014 at 03:39 PM..
Appreciate 0