View Single Post
      12-19-2014, 09:05 AM   #36
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
In this awful economy with dim job prospects for the vast majority of Americans, be very happy you have what you've got OP and not a job that starts with "Hi may I help you".
Lol i know that feeling, i worked Customer service during college years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30nynj View Post
Been in this scenario 3.5 years ago.

-google
-Facebook
-Education startup in SFO
-Cisco
-hedge fund(employed here)

I made to final round on each of the interviews and then flunked. And when I got an offer from last one a unheard hedge fund, I accepted it. I wasn't sure if finance was firms but the pay was better & stress was zero(at least here).

Life takes you in a roller-coaster, just grasp the handrails & enjoy it. I always loved a small company where responsibilities are more but wanted to try these big ones but guess I don't belong there. I blame it on Karma.
Oh damn! You made it to the final rounds? That's even worse than my story. Anyway, thanks for the feedback.
My current job gives me more responsibilities and i enjoy doing the work and seeing peoples reaction when they use something i built, the stress here is very very low.
I was just trying to see for i can earn a little more because we all know there's no perfect job, the downfall to my current job is that i'm not making as much as i would like. I make enough for my lifestyle but it never hurts to add a few $'s in my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Shocking week indeed. Hang in there buddy. To me, that sounded like an excellent experience.
Trust me it is. I'm a complete different person now. I've learned so much both technical and social. I now know how much i'm worth and where i stand in life.