View Single Post
      12-19-2014, 11:36 AM   #43
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
You must be joking. Typing out programs in your language of choice is standard fare for software engineering jobs, especially at places like Apple and Google. At bare minimum you might be able to get away with just writing out pseudocode, but even that looks bad because the problems are meant to be solvable in full within 10 or 15 minutes by a competent programmer.
As being and EE I have done my fair share of programming, and I've been asked how I did something, and explain how I wrote code to do something, the kinds of challenges I ran into and how it ended up working. That alone mean more than asking someone to punch out some code.

As a person who has works at some of the top tech companies and being on more interviews than I like to remember as well as hiring a large number of engineers in my career I would argue asking someone to write some code does not mean a thing.

But if all they are expecting you to write code and nothing else then it may not be worth investing time doing a true behavioral interviews.
Appreciate 0