04-03-2009, 09:29 AM   #12
WCM3
Î canŧ főcus mŷ attėntĭon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 Rubicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
Because I want two gauges in the ashtray area not one. I think two looks cleaner and more professional. And there are lots of easy things worth having.
Yes I know how a boost gauge works. Ive put many of them on all the turbo'd cars ive owned including many friends cars.
Yeah, but then you say you want it easy to uninstall in case of warranty issues. Let's say you have the Boost. You will already have to t into a vacuum gauge, which would you would need to remove, rerun the line back through the firewall, and undo all the power/grounds to the gauge.

Everything else worth having (Wideband, EGT, Oil Press, etc) taps into something just like the boost gauge. Assume wideband, you would still be running a line through the firewall and then into a Bosch wideband sensor that taps into your downpipe. None of these are just "easily" removed and let's act like it was never there. If I were you, and definitely going with the dual gauge. I wouldn't worry about removing them for warranty work.

That said, I would get the RIX gauge if you got anything.
Appreciate 0