View Single Post
      02-03-2007, 12:23 PM   #6
tirana
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 6MT + F25 35i AT

Whoa - options in Canada are different from the US. Make sure your CA orders the right options and that he/she confirms that premium has BT/Assist included since I do not believe this is the case in Canada. In looking at the BMW Canada site, the Premium option includes:
Universal Garage Door Opener, Auto Dimming Exterior Mirrors, (Includes power folding mirrors), Lumbar Support, Compass Mirror, LOGIC7 Sound System, Dakota Leather - $4200). No mention of BT/Assist which is an extra $1100 option (that cannot be added later, by the dealer).

I didn't get the Premium option (because I prefered to spend the $$ on other things) but did add BT/Assist as it is, in my view, essential if you want to use a phone effectively and safely in a car. With iDrive, it's even better. However, the Assist package needs renewing every year in Canada ($100?) unlike the US where there is coverage for 4 years, plus its a bit less useful. You can't separate BT from BMW Assist but the latter does allow a few things such as emergency calling (there's a cell phone built into the car in addition to your own cell phone), theft location (if the car remains above ground) and service calling. Your CA should give you the right information - or find another CA.
Appreciate 0