View Single Post
      03-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #18
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
However, when it came to the driving experience of all three I found the A Class was the worst by quite a large margin. It feels like it is a few generations behind in terms of development compared to the other 2. This was purely my opinion when i test drove an A250 with all the AMG fandangos on it.
Sorry but not a chance!

Yes, I may be a bit of a Merc fan but I'm not actually sure of the A-Class as I had an issue with it's driving position which felt too long in arm/short in leg. I was going to buy one before buying the E Class on the basis that the rest of the car felt so good, but this made it a no-go for me.

However, having owned a 135i a couple of years ago and, whilst a previous-gen car, the A250 (petrol) I drove recently was, to me, dynamically better than the 135i (excluding engine as the straight 6 BMW was obviously in another league). The interior quality was also much better.

Now, the new A may not be quite as good to drive as a new 1 series or A3 (I can't comment as I've not driven either), but it's certainly not many generations behind. Also, as you say, the looks alone of the A are much better and with the 1 series looking far from pretty and the A3 worthy of a solid What Car report as described by Sheps

...oops, I dropped off then.......even with a few dynamic deficiencies I still think I'd go for the A Class.

Only I wouldn't because I can't get comfy in it
Appreciate 0