10-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #18
DefactoM6
Sees the world the way it could be
United_States
Rep
Drives: '88 M6, '02 Z8, '09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraQ View Post
I deleted my previous post, as I thought I was replying to a post talking about LC modification not clutch pack upgrade

Yes, since my tuner does know how to change the RPMs for LC then more than likely they can change the bar pressure in the DCT since its all dealing with the mechatronics.

My last talks with SSP they were looking for a company to reprogram the mechatronics based on their clutch pack "application" ie race only or DD and race.

They were in plans of coming out with a "softer" clutch pack upgrade for DD and race use. The first developed clutch pack was for a pure race application with double or tripple the HP/TQ original output. The stock mechatronics software bar pressure, being stock, would still "slip". So yes, raising the bar pressure is needed to accommodate the new HP/TQ power to prevent slipping

The 335iS would have a smoother and more problem free upgrade to the softer clutch pack upgrade for DD and race applications as the bar pressure is set higher than on the M3

For the record, in my own research I came to this conclusion, it was nothing rumored to me about "HIS" personal business, and nothing was shared with me of such. So my statements are pure speculation.

SSP BMW clutch pack upgrade was not a failure, it was a learning curve, and they have managed to get pass the big bump in the road for "USA car owners"
Oh by no means was I saying it's a failure. I'm sure the product is a quality piece, it just becomes an expensive paperweight when they can't calibrate the TCU for the new clutches and they die. And while ESS has the ability to modify the pressure on the DCT for faster shifts, etc, as far as I know and understand, they haven't been able to get into the computer far enough to recalibrate it for heavier duty clutches. That said, ESS's abilities definitely seem to be less than super or awesome when venturing far outside the realm of stock design specifications. Perhaps it's something that Renntech can crack.