View Single Post
      03-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
AllBlackBimmer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 m40i

windshield molding restore?

i know many of you fellow e90'ers must have this problem too, as i've seen it posted many times before.

my molding along the top of my windsheild is starting to dryout and crack. there are hairline cracks in it almost every 1/2 inch the entire way across.

Now, of the other threads i've read, can only really replace this if you get a new windshield - OR if you have someone who REALLY knows what they are doing, pull the windshield out without breaking it. - I am not looking to do either of those things...

My windshield does NOT leak, or show any signs of leaking, but it looks awful and I don't want it to get worse and start to leak.

What can I put on this to both protect it from i assume UV-rays, and help it last a lot longer? my car is a 2008 and i plan on keeping it for some years to come. I dont want to put anything on it that will "fix" it now, but then in a year be even worse.

Looking for a long-term solution without having to replace the molding.

thoughts?