View Single Post
      10-13-2010, 05:51 AM   #20
325i M Sport
325i M Sport
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i M Sport Saphire Black

Smile BMW Performance Exhaust on 325 i

Hi, I received the BMW Performance Exhaust. At the moment of assembling it I noticed that the standard Exhaust has a pipe connecting the muffler to the central pipe. On the new exhaust this pipe is missing. It ends with a flange and I assume there should be another pipe going from the exhaust to the central pipe having the same flange. The pipe of the standard pie is welded so it is not possible to dismantle it.
Could you please let me know how you assembled your exhaust? Did you need to make some extra works. I have a 325i (facelifted) which I got in April 2009.
Many thanks in advance for your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelFan View Post
I had the BMW factory performance installed on my 325i in Nov. 08. Dealer did the install with no problems. Sounds better every month, but was a nice improvement from the start. Pipes are bigger, and it weighs almost 10 pounds less than the stock unit. Biggest change, surprisingly, was that the engine throttle response became noticeably sharper. I paid $1400 for the exhaust and install. Worthwhile expenditure as it avoided a new BMW purchase until the F30 arrives.
Appreciate 0