View Single Post
      11-14-2011, 11:55 PM   #36
luckyu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i, 1998 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaanBMW View Post
Can you explain why you must have new bolts. That is one of the areas I'm still unclear about when it comes to all the M3 control arms, both front & rear. Some say you should, Bentley says replace (at least for front arms, rear I haven't found yet) but most haven't replaced them (that I know of).

I really would like to know exactly which bolts/nuts should be replaced and which not for the front & rear control arms. Oh, and torque specs too.
The M3 rear camber link is made of aluminum, as opposed to stamped steel on the E9x. The link's attachment point at the subframe is thicker, and the needed bolt is longer. If I had double-checked the parts diagram, I could have seen that the bolt is different on the M3. Stupid mistake on my part.

AFAIK Steve re-used all hardware when installing the front M3 tension struts and control arms.

Have you considered getting the BMW ETS [Edit: I meant TIS], in order to get torque specs? Not to mention rules of hardware re-use that come right from the source.
2007 328i ZSP. M3 suspension: custom valved Bilstein shocks, Hyperco race springs, M3 lower control arms front and rear, M3 sway bars, and M3 subframe bushings. E46 front guide supports. Euro tail lights.

Last edited by luckyu; 11-17-2011 at 12:26 AM..
Appreciate 0