View Single Post
      09-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #195
Camman
What am I doing here?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 328i 6MT

So I don't currently own a BMW at the moment but I will hopefully be buying my dad's 07 E90 328i Sport 6MT off him in the near future once I get settled in my new job. But until then I'm just collecting research. Suspension is gonna be one of the first major modifications I do.

Currently the car has around 54k miles on it and from browsing around it sounds like that's about the time the shocks should be replaced. My current car, (97 Camry) I did a spring/shock combo and wasnt really satisfied and then added ground control sleeves to get the drop I really wanted. All in all i told myself I'm not doing a spring/shock combo again. I want the adjustability you get with coilovers.

So I need some advice on whats a good coilover to buy. I just want to close up the wheel gap and maybe a slight tuck but I also want the ability to slam it for a weekend. The stock suspension rides good but the front could be a little stiffer. I dont really want anything thats softer than what I have now. I've been looking at KW just because I haven't heard anything bad and I dont want a cheap brand. If I'm gonna be driving a BMW I want to modify it with quality parts.