Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: GT86 DGM

Garage List
2006 320si  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1bjr View Post
I have a 335i with classic hydraulic PAS.
Also have the 318d with Electric servo steering.

My preference is the older system, the electric PAS is numb - it's good but not the same.

As for the Renaults I had the R26 Megane just before dipping into BMW for the first time and the 335i.
Fantastic little car, just as good a drive as the Clio which I have tried, and with more punch and space.
the Clio is arguably a better looking machine, but try the R26 F1 225 also would be my reccomendation mate.
It'll kick the BMW into a cocked had on everything bar the build quality of the interior. Software will see it easily at 250bhp +
Mechanically they are good these days, but still awkward to work on!

steve
Yeah those megane rs's always got a great write up. I like n/a engines tho and would proly opt for a clio 200. Reckon it would wipe the flaw with my si handling wise and a decent bit more oomph lol.

A lot of people dont rate that epas bmw system do they on here lol. Actually when i took mine out tonight and parked it up, felt a knock through the steering column and sounded like something was loose when wiggling the wheel. maybe the problem that has caused all this in the first place has reared its ugly head....