View Single Post
      04-05-2006, 09:29 AM   #7
gobears
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, Alpine, auto

They did a great job. All problems seemingly solved (need to test more rough and uneven pavement); but now that those problems are gone, I do notice other noises coming from different parts of the cabin, although these new (or what was until now unnoticeable) noises aren't as annoying, and I can certainly live with it for the next couple of years.

For those waiting with abated breath (not too many, I'm sure), here are the SIB or defect code from the service order.

Center console: Removed IHKA, warpped radio with insulating tape: Defect docde 51 45 00 39 00; Labor op 51 16 212; also perfomred SIB 51 07.

Clicking from behind rear seats: remove and replace both rear speakers and applied damening tape to lenth of vent cover, tabs and rear shelf underside.

B-pillars fluttering noises: replaced both front seat belts and performed SIB 51 32 05, replaced washer for seat belt.

Like I said, no more clicking noises or other problems associated with the original complaint. However, this is only a preliminary conclusion as I still have to put the car through the gauntlet that are the throngs neck bridge and the whitestone bridge. I'll post more if I notice any more problems.

Hope this helps.