View Single Post
      11-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #8
carve
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
Fuck this guy and everyone like him. The look on his face when they break his window is priceless lol.

You drive up, roll window down, flash ID and go on your way. Is it really THAT freakin hard? Is YOUR time so important that these people have to deal with your attitude? They're not strip searching you, they're not destroying any of your property, they're doing their jobs. It pisses me off when this foil hat wearing assholes demonize everyone in a law enforcement uniform and just make a simple situation into an ordeal.

This guy clearly set out and made it his mission to "prove a point" or whatever on this day. I highly doubt he bought all those GoPros for anything else. Someone should have throat punched him. Upon looking at his youtube channel, yes all this guy does is set out to harass border patrol, he's an asshole.

Good for him for proving a point. This is a clear 4th amendment violation, but I'm sure the court found some way to rationalize it somewhere. How does border patrol have this jurisdiction when they're not crossing the border? How is driving down the road sufficient reason to make someone a suspect in a crime? These officers are violating their oath of office, and it's one more step towards a police state.

Something similar happened to me once about 50 miles north of the border on a road that doesn't even intersect the border. The agent just stared into space with a blank face without motioning for me to stop as I rolled through at 2 mph, and absolutely flipped his shit when I didn't stop. Asked to search my car, I asked for probable cause, he said it's because I didn't stop (why should I when I'm not asked to? It could've been random stops)
Appreciate 0