View Single Post
      11-04-2013, 10:22 AM   #13
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

While i agree with the ease of flashing an ID and going on your way. I somewhat view this as a slippery slope.

I get that the intention of violating a constitutional right was initially good and still might be at this time. But by doing this, the masses get accustomed to being checked, detained, herded if you will. Again, i understand the pressure to make things "safe" for the people, but at what expense will this "safety" come?

I don't mean to sound like i'm wearing a tinfoil hat, but this type of thing has happened before and many people were dead set against it, but the majority were complacent. Next thing they knew, the undesirables were being turned into slave labor or exterminated should they protest. And i'm not just talking about the time during WWII. Germany had slave labor camps long before the war started. Anyone deemed undesirable for any reason what so ever, were rounded up and made into slave labor.

I don't necessarily think slave labor would happen in the states, but government initiated paper checkpoints were the beginning of that movement.

On the other hand, if the US keeps circling the drain, it's not far fetched to see states pull out of the union there by creating real and valid border checkpoints and or closed off states. But that's another wonderfully fun thread in and of itself.