View Single Post
      06-27-2013, 08:45 PM   #3
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko View Post
so im throwing some sealant on my wheels tonight, and I was thinking if its possible to layer different sealants?

I was gonna layer over eachother or vice cersa, BFWD and poorboys wheel sealant? Will this work? and in which order?

I used poorboys wheel sealant and it lasted about a month or so. Washed with CG PH balanced car shampoo. But I was thinking for even more protection maybe BFWD combined would work just as good, better or help more.
I am not sure if your protection will be extended by using BFWD as a topper. Your protection should still be the same since Poorboys is the layer that is on metal. BF will bond to Poorboys so as Poorboys goes....BF will go with it.

To promote a better bond, a full decontamination is recommended prior to applying the sealant. IronX follow by clay is what I would do. To make the wheels easier to clean, a coating such as Opti-Coat is ideal. I had some great success with Hydr02 touchless sealant as well as Cquartz UK. What you should look for in a sealant for wheels is high temperature tolerance (above 325 -375 degrees F ).

The wheel was treated with Hydr02. This was 2 weeks worth of brake dust and grime. No soap or wheel cleaner were used prior to the rinse.