05-30-2009, 07:52 AM   #45
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '06 330D Le Mans Blue

Garage List
Thumbs up

I've been busy this morning! Here's the work "area"!

Wiring is installed from the blue connector in the shift lever area - but on looking at the plug on the back of the rotary coupler, I have some wiring there - the two yellow wires in caities 2 & 4. I'm certain these will correspond with the unused pins on the top face of the coupler.

I'm going to assume these two wires are in place for factory fit paddles - or do you think I'd be safer snipping them and wiring via my installed cabling as yours Alan?

That central trim is fun to remove! I released the stick gaiter by using your method - gently pulling on the front edge, that was easy.
I then, on the now exposed rear edge of the stick area, gently pulled up on the trim and it started to lift. Gently using a hook trim tool, I released the other clips. This picture shows the locations of the retaining clips - might be useful to others prior to trim removal.

and finally here's a picture of my neatly installed splices into the central wires in that blue plug.

All now that remains is for the wheel to arrive [which it should do in 4 or so days] and to fit it, wire the switches as per Alans diagram. And cross my fingers!