djgandy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_f22 View Post
That's interesting, where would you buy the control arms from then?

I'm buying: Front discs and pads, Castrol 0W-30 oil, oil filter, air filter, pollen filter, fuel filter, 6 x glow plugs, 2 x rear shocks. Plus I need to budget for glow plug relay and brake pad wear sensor I think.

For peace of mind I want to do a major service as previous owner's serv history shows not the best quality stuff used and last service was just oil change. No evidence of fuel filter replacement. Rear shocks need replacing. Discs are warped (pagid I suspect!).

Nothing wrong with glow plugs that i know of - in that there's no warning lights and I don't have an OBD readout but again for peace of mind I'd like to replace them as the cars done 164,000 and no evidence of it in the service history.
Amazon of all places can be very cheap for stuff at times. Sourcing from Germany is often cheaper too for a lot of stuff.

Mister-auto is pretty good for disc/pad choice - https://www.mister-auto.co.uk/
Bosch pads + discs = £173. Sign up, stick em in your basket, you'll probably get a code for discount too.

If you don't need stuff immediately you can get better parts for the same money. If you need it all within 24 hours, ECP is usually the only reliable choice.

£415 for all that lot isn't bad. You can probably shave a few more £££ off it shopping around, but not much. Better though is to keep to that budget and try and ensure you get the highest quality parts.

For what you are buying though ECP is probably the best. Filters, plugs are generally of decent quality and I their shocks are competitive on price. Just be careful on the brakes. I nearly went down the Bosch route, but after a chat with old grey steve I sourced BMW genuine front discs and pads and sensor from Germany for £280. An extra £100 but considering the discs last 80,000 miles, probably worth it.
Appreciate 0